The last full week of August ushers in the start of school, onboarding locations for WIAD22, and 100-degree weather.
Big items for the week
- Discovery sessions all week for a DIA project
- Assessment findings for a Factor project
- Volunteer and internship stuff for World IA Day
- Worked ~57 hours this week.
- DIA Design Guild: 33 hours, 58%
- World IA Day: 14 hours, 24%
- Factor Firm: 8 hours, 13%
DIA Design Guild
- Spent some time to clean up the [DIA Design Guild website] and might have broken some things along the way.
- Have to figure out how to fix /case-studies and /events so that it looks like a landing page, rather than the home page. Need to figure out YAML for templates... or ask someone who can figure this out
- Good news is that I was able to figure out how to set up collections and routing so now team and event pages have URL patterns defined.
- Thinking about heuristic evaluations
World IA Day
- Pulled together the internship descriptions for Social Media, Content Collection, and Website projects. Currently, WIAD has been approached by Rutgers to offer this to their students. We need to open this up to other schools as well.
- Updated the volunteer application form and pulled the insights from Amanda's work earlier this year.
- Volunteer Form
- Webpage announcing opportunities
- NEW Volunteer FAQs
- Really looking into subscribing Tally Pro if we want to take advantage of the custom emails features
- Focus on mental health this past board meeting. How do we communicate that it's okay to step back and still get people involved?
- Met with Sharon, the incoming Global Executive Producer. She's working on auditing the Organizer Guide. We have to start onboarding the WIAD22 locations this week.
- Mx got 16 mosquito bites and 1 spider bite; I didn't count.
- School started for Mx this week. Dealing with Mx's anxieties and fear of catching up.