Any rebranding project is a massive undertaking. As part of a nonprofit organization run by volunteers, the rebranding of World Information Architecture Day started in summer 2021 and was officially revealed December 2021.
The cumulation of this project resulted in written form: a Medium article written with Andrea Rosenbusch, fellow co-president of the new World Information Architecture Association.
- Board discussions
- Designing a blind poll to share with global board and community advisors
- Crafting the public announcement
- Brand alignment on social media, documentation, and other communication rollout
- Community research project
- ... more stuff that hasn't yet been included
There's still more that hasn't been done. It's too soon to say what I learned from this. But... at face value, considerations for rebranding an organization take a lot of strategic planning and communication. I've only scratched the surface of this rebranding.